Ten Things To Know Before You Visit Ireland
- Don’t ask people about “The Troubles” or any politics.
- Be prepared to be referred to as a “Yank” (those from America).
- Don’t say, my last name is Murphy. Do you know where my family is from?
- Pack light – the cars are tiny.
- Avoid driving if possible.
- Drinking under the influence is strictly enforced. Have a designated driver.
- Eat the local, fresh food.
- Be prepared for the weather – pack layers and rain gear.
- Mind your manners – say “please and thank you”, wait your turn, don’t be demanding and practice patience.
- Don’t kiss the Blarney Stone – the locals pee on it!
To view my black and white photographs of Ireland, visit